Man wanted by police in connection with robbery at Collier Row bookmakers - do you know him?
- Credit: Archant
Flying Squad detectives have released this CCTV image of a man they wish to speak to in connection with a robbery at a betting shop.
On Tuesday, March 31 at about 9.45am, the Coral branch in Collier Row Road, Collier Row was robbed.
Police believe a white male entered the betting shop alone at about that time, with no other customers present.
After a short while inside, the man asked to use the toilet. On emerging from the toilet he approached the lone female cashier and held a note up to the glass screen.
The note said words to the effect that “this is a robbery” and it mentioned the word “gun”. The suspect then demanded that the cashier hand him money from the safe.
You may also want to watch:
The cashier handed over a quantity of cash and the suspect walked out of the shop.
The suspect is described as a white man, approx 6ft 4/5ins tall with a medium build. He was wearing a dark jacket and jeans and spoke with a local accent.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 3 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 'Hugely destructive': Action group slams proposed Lower Thames Crossing
- 6 Romford Junior Raiders sign forward James Hounsome
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
Det Con Darren Guntrip, investigating officer, said: “If you are the person pictured, contact us and speak to us and assist us with our investigation.
“However we would also appeal to anyone who knows who this man is, or anyone who knows where he might be, to contact us.
“We would also be keen to hear from anyone who was in or around the Collier Row Road area of Romford at around the time of robbery who may have seen anyone matching the suspect’s description or anything they think looked suspicious.”
Anyone who can assist the Flying Squad is asked to call them on 020 8345 4226 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.