Man stabbed in the neck outside Romford Primark
- Credit: George Mark from Time 107.5
A man has been stabbed in the neck in broad daylight after a fight broke out in a busy town centre.
Police were called at 2.15pm to reports of two men fighting in Exchange Street, Romford.
On arrival, they found a man suffering from a stab wound to his neck.
He was rushed to hospital but the extent of his injuries remains unknown.
Met Police officers have established a crime scene but they do not believe the incident is gang related.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from the London Air Ambulance and the London Ambulance also attended.
A witness told the Recorder: “It literally happened right in front of me. I was walking down the street over my lunch break when I saw one person hitting another. The person I saw throwing the first punch was the one, who got stabbed.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
“They were fighting very close to one another when it happened. The next thing I know, one of the guys lifted his T-shirt and there were blood pouring out of his neck to his stomach.
“It was horrible. The victim was quite calm but looked really shocked and sat on the floor near Primark.
“I live and work in Romford and I know this happened but I never saw it myself. I’m absolutely shocked that it happened in broad daylight.”
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Witnesses are urged to call police on 101.