Two men arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following stabbing at Romford nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was found with stab injuries outside Atik nightclub in Romford.
Police were flagged down in South Street at around 3.10am on Sunday, August 11 to reports of a stabbing.
The man was taken to a major trauma centre by the London Ambulance Service where his wounds were found to not be life threatening or life changing.
A 20-year-old and 19-year-old were originally arrested on suspicion of attempted murder but have now been arrested for grievous bodily harm and are assisting police with their inquiries.
Havering police wish to thank Atik's door staff and the management for their swift actions at the night club during the incident and for providing assistance to the borough's police during the initial investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from Atik said: "We always want customers to enjoy a safe and fun night out in our club.
"When an incident occurred, our team was quick to intervene.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
"There is no place for violent behaviour like this in our club or Romford and we will do everything we can to support the police investigation."