Two men arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm following stabbing at Romford nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was found with stab injuries outside Atik nightclub in Romford.
Police were flagged down in South Street at around 3.10am on Sunday, August 11 to reports of a stabbing.
The man was taken to a major trauma centre by the London Ambulance Service where his wounds were found to not be life threatening or life changing.
A 20-year-old and 19-year-old were originally arrested on suspicion of attempted murder but have now been arrested for grievous bodily harm and are assisting police with their inquiries.
Havering police wish to thank Atik's door staff and the management for their swift actions at the night club during the incident and for providing assistance to the borough's police during the initial investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from Atik said: "We always want customers to enjoy a safe and fun night out in our club.
"When an incident occurred, our team was quick to intervene.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
"There is no place for violent behaviour like this in our club or Romford and we will do everything we can to support the police investigation."