Man stabbed outside block of flats in Rainham
- Credit: Matt Stanton
Police and ambulances were spotted near the block of flats this afternoon.
A man has been stabbed outside of a block of flats in Rainham.
Police were called at around 4.21pm this afternoon (Monday, June 26) to a car park near to Dunedin Road in Rainham to reports of a man in his mid 30s suffering what is believed to be stab wounds.
He had believed to have suffered two stab wounds according to the police, however they were awaiting an update on his condition.
A group of five men who are believed to be suspects fled the scene in a car.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesman said that a relative of the victim was also at the scene.
The mans injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 8 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
A man who lives close to the flats said that he had seen blood on the floor, and saw ambulances, police cars and sniffer dogs at the scene at around 5pm.
A London Ambulance Service said that they were called at 4.20 and sent an incident response officer, a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
The man was treated at the scene and then taken to a major trauma centre as a priority.