Man stabbed five times in drink-fuelled park party
A young man was stabbed five times after a Vodka-fuelled party in a Havering park turned sour at the weekend.
Around 20 revellers, all thought to be Eastern European but living in Havering and Essex, set up a makeshift campsite - replete with tents, barbecues and music - at an isolated spot in Belhus Woods Country Park.
The men and women, all aged between late in their late teens to mid-30s, were enjoying the Bank Holiday break near Running Water Wood when a fight started at around 1am, on Sunday.
A 22-year-old Lithuanian man was stabbed twice in the chest, twice in the stomach and once in the neck with a blade.
The area was “strewn with empty vodka bottle”, when Havering Police arrived at the scene, a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The group had come well prepared for the party in the park.
“It looks like a fight broke out between members of the group and a male victim was stabbed with what is suspected was a knife.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
He was taken by Essex Ambulance to an Essex hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
Twelve witnesses were questioned by officers.
Three men and two women, aged between 21 and 34, were arrested and taken to an east London police station for questioning in relation to the stabbing.
They have been bailed to return on July 11, pending further enquires.
Belhus Woods Country Park straddles Havering and Essex, but is controlled by Essex County Council.