Man stabbed five times in drink-fuelled park party
A young man was stabbed five times after a Vodka-fuelled party in a Havering park turned sour at the weekend.
Around 20 revellers, all thought to be Eastern European but living in Havering and Essex, set up a makeshift campsite - replete with tents, barbecues and music - at an isolated spot in Belhus Woods Country Park.
The men and women, all aged between late in their late teens to mid-30s, were enjoying the Bank Holiday break near Running Water Wood when a fight started at around 1am, on Sunday.
A 22-year-old Lithuanian man was stabbed twice in the chest, twice in the stomach and once in the neck with a blade.
The area was “strewn with empty vodka bottle”, when Havering Police arrived at the scene, a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The group had come well prepared for the party in the park.
“It looks like a fight broke out between members of the group and a male victim was stabbed with what is suspected was a knife.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
He was taken by Essex Ambulance to an Essex hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
Twelve witnesses were questioned by officers.
Three men and two women, aged between 21 and 34, were arrested and taken to an east London police station for questioning in relation to the stabbing.
They have been bailed to return on July 11, pending further enquires.
Belhus Woods Country Park straddles Havering and Essex, but is controlled by Essex County Council.