Man stabbed five times in drink-fuelled park party
A young man was stabbed five times after a Vodka-fuelled party in a Havering park turned sour at the weekend.
Around 20 revellers, all thought to be Eastern European but living in Havering and Essex, set up a makeshift campsite - replete with tents, barbecues and music - at an isolated spot in Belhus Woods Country Park.
The men and women, all aged between late in their late teens to mid-30s, were enjoying the Bank Holiday break near Running Water Wood when a fight started at around 1am, on Sunday.
A 22-year-old Lithuanian man was stabbed twice in the chest, twice in the stomach and once in the neck with a blade.
The area was “strewn with empty vodka bottle”, when Havering Police arrived at the scene, a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The group had come well prepared for the party in the park.
“It looks like a fight broke out between members of the group and a male victim was stabbed with what is suspected was a knife.”
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
He was taken by Essex Ambulance to an Essex hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.
Twelve witnesses were questioned by officers.
Three men and two women, aged between 21 and 34, were arrested and taken to an east London police station for questioning in relation to the stabbing.
They have been bailed to return on July 11, pending further enquires.
Belhus Woods Country Park straddles Havering and Essex, but is controlled by Essex County Council.