Man shot with shotgun in Romford street
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was shot with a shotgun this morning in Pettits Boulevard, Romford.
Police were called at 5.30am and the man was taken to a north London hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing what happened.
Jill Holman said: “It was the last thing I expected. I have lived here for 61 years and luckily nothing like this has happened before.”
Chris Narranen said: “Thing like this never happen round here, it’s so quiet and everybody is so friendly. I am very worried that it happened a few doors down from where I live. I am in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
An investigation is underway into what happened and the road has been closed all day while forensics sweep the area. No arrests have been made.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks