Man shot with shotgun in Romford street
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was shot with a shotgun this morning in Pettits Boulevard, Romford.
Police were called at 5.30am and the man was taken to a north London hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing what happened.
Jill Holman said: “It was the last thing I expected. I have lived here for 61 years and luckily nothing like this has happened before.”
Chris Narranen said: “Thing like this never happen round here, it’s so quiet and everybody is so friendly. I am very worried that it happened a few doors down from where I live. I am in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
An investigation is underway into what happened and the road has been closed all day while forensics sweep the area. No arrests have been made.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused