Man shot with shotgun in Romford street
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was shot with a shotgun this morning in Pettits Boulevard, Romford.
Police were called at 5.30am and the man was taken to a north London hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after hearing what happened.
Jill Holman said: “It was the last thing I expected. I have lived here for 61 years and luckily nothing like this has happened before.”
Chris Narranen said: “Thing like this never happen round here, it’s so quiet and everybody is so friendly. I am very worried that it happened a few doors down from where I live. I am in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
An investigation is underway into what happened and the road has been closed all day while forensics sweep the area. No arrests have been made.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police