Man shot in Hornchurch this morning
- Credit: Archant
A man was apparently shot in the back in Hornchurch in the early hours today.
Armed police and London Ambulance Service say they were called to Wych Elm Road, Hornchurch at 3.42am on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1 following reports of a shooting.
One man, in his twenties, was found with a suspected gunshot injury to the lower back.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The road was closed for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
A witness told the Recorder: “I believe there was a party down Wych Elm Road and an argument broke out. You can clearly see a bullet hole in the door of a blue Ford Fiesta parked in the road. There was a pile of clothes around 30ft away from the car with the bullet hole in. that was being bagged up. One of the items was a grey North Face hoody and another was a black woolly hat.”
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage