Man shot in Hornchurch this morning
- Credit: Archant
A man was apparently shot in the back in Hornchurch in the early hours today.
Armed police and London Ambulance Service say they were called to Wych Elm Road, Hornchurch at 3.42am on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1 following reports of a shooting.
One man, in his twenties, was found with a suspected gunshot injury to the lower back.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The road was closed for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
A witness told the Recorder: “I believe there was a party down Wych Elm Road and an argument broke out. You can clearly see a bullet hole in the door of a blue Ford Fiesta parked in the road. There was a pile of clothes around 30ft away from the car with the bullet hole in. that was being bagged up. One of the items was a grey North Face hoody and another was a black woolly hat.”
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 9 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 10 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie