Man shot in Hornchurch this morning
- Credit: Archant
A man was apparently shot in the back in Hornchurch in the early hours today.
Armed police and London Ambulance Service say they were called to Wych Elm Road, Hornchurch at 3.42am on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1 following reports of a shooting.
One man, in his twenties, was found with a suspected gunshot injury to the lower back.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The road was closed for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
A witness told the Recorder: “I believe there was a party down Wych Elm Road and an argument broke out. You can clearly see a bullet hole in the door of a blue Ford Fiesta parked in the road. There was a pile of clothes around 30ft away from the car with the bullet hole in. that was being bagged up. One of the items was a grey North Face hoody and another was a black woolly hat.”
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge