Man shot in Hornchurch this morning
- Credit: Archant
A man was apparently shot in the back in Hornchurch in the early hours today.
Armed police and London Ambulance Service say they were called to Wych Elm Road, Hornchurch at 3.42am on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1 following reports of a shooting.
One man, in his twenties, was found with a suspected gunshot injury to the lower back.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
The road was closed for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
A witness told the Recorder: “I believe there was a party down Wych Elm Road and an argument broke out. You can clearly see a bullet hole in the door of a blue Ford Fiesta parked in the road. There was a pile of clothes around 30ft away from the car with the bullet hole in. that was being bagged up. One of the items was a grey North Face hoody and another was a black woolly hat.”
No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds