Man remains in critical condition after Hornchurch crash
- Credit: Archant
One man remains in critical condition after a head on collision in the early hours of Tuesday morning that also left two others in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Upper Rainham Road, Hornchurch at 1am following the two-car crash near the junction with Laburnum Avenue.
Three men had to be cut from one of the cars by fire crews. One has been in critical condition in hospital since the crash and the other two – including the driver – were also to hospital.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A firefighter from Hornchurch said the three men in the same car were thought to be in their 20s.
Nobody else has been arrested and officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage