Man remains in critical condition after Hornchurch crash
- Credit: Archant
One man remains in critical condition after a head on collision in the early hours of Tuesday morning that also left two others in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Upper Rainham Road, Hornchurch at 1am following the two-car crash near the junction with Laburnum Avenue.
Three men had to be cut from one of the cars by fire crews. One has been in critical condition in hospital since the crash and the other two – including the driver – were also to hospital.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A firefighter from Hornchurch said the three men in the same car were thought to be in their 20s.
Nobody else has been arrested and officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 9 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 10 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?