Man performs sex act in front of 14-year-old girl on Romford-bound train
- Credit: Archant
A man exposed himself and performed a sex act on an afternoon train in front of a 14-year-old girl and her mother.
British Transport Police (BTP) have released an image of a man they want to speak to in connection with the crime on November 8.
The pair were travelling back to Romford on the 4pm Liverpool Street to Shenfield line after going to the Tower of London poppy display.
Det Con Michael Hatcher said: “The pair took seats in different areas of the carriage. A man sat opposite the girl and exposed himself before performing a sexual act.”
The girl went to tell her mother, but as the train pulled into Seven Kings station, the man got off the train.
You may also want to watch:
DC Hatcher said: “Both mother and daughter were shocked by this incident.
“BTP has done a lot of work around incidents of unwanted sexual behaviour on the rail network, and we treat crimes such as this very seriously.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
“I believe the man in the image we are issuing today can help with our investigation.
“Do you recognise him? Please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B6 of 21/11/2014. Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.