Man killed after being hit by train at Shenfield railway station
- Credit: Getty Images
A man was killed after he was struck by a train at Shenfield railway station, Brentwood, yesterday (Tues).
Essex police attended the scene after they had received reports at 9.29pm stating that the man, who is thought to be in his 50s, had been hit by a train.
The man, from Chelmsford, was pronounced dead at the scene after the London Ambulance Service arrived at the station.
A British Transport Police statement said that the incident is “currently being treated as non-suspicious.”
The man’s family have been informed and officers are preparing a file for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
The train line was reopened at 10.36pm.
Did you see what happened? Call Ajay on 02084773835.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens