Man killed after being hit by train at Shenfield railway station
- Credit: Getty Images
A man was killed after he was struck by a train at Shenfield railway station, Brentwood, yesterday (Tues).
Essex police attended the scene after they had received reports at 9.29pm stating that the man, who is thought to be in his 50s, had been hit by a train.
The man, from Chelmsford, was pronounced dead at the scene after the London Ambulance Service arrived at the station.
A British Transport Police statement said that the incident is “currently being treated as non-suspicious.”
The man’s family have been informed and officers are preparing a file for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
The train line was reopened at 10.36pm.
Did you see what happened? Call Ajay on 02084773835.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds