Hornchurch man jailed for harassing and threatening to rape woman
- Credit: Archant
A man who harassed and threatened violence towards a woman has been jailed.
Troy White, 31, of Carnforth Gardens, Hornchurch, appeared at Basildon Crown Court yesterday, Thursday, April 4, and admitted harassment with fear of violence. He was jailed for 592 days - just over a year and a half – and was given a restraining order for 10 years.
Essex Police started an investigating into White after a woman in Grays received numerous threats from him, including threats of rape.
He was arrested in August 2018 and charged.
Investigating officer Pc Rachel Elwell, of Grays Domestic Abuse Investigations Team, said: “White made threats to harm and rape an innocent woman in attempt to control and harass her.
“His actions caused this woman a huge amount of distress and fear.
“She received dozens of phone calls and voicemails from him.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 3 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
“He went to extreme lengths to harass her, including impersonating other people and putting on accents.
“We supported the victim and worked closely with a voice recognition expert who identified the caller as White.
“I would to praise the victim for her support and bravery throughout this case and I hope yesterday’s outcome with White jailed brings her some closure.”