Hornchurch man jailed for harassing and threatening to rape woman
- Credit: Archant
A man who harassed and threatened violence towards a woman has been jailed.
Troy White, 31, of Carnforth Gardens, Hornchurch, appeared at Basildon Crown Court yesterday, Thursday, April 4, and admitted harassment with fear of violence. He was jailed for 592 days - just over a year and a half – and was given a restraining order for 10 years.
Essex Police started an investigating into White after a woman in Grays received numerous threats from him, including threats of rape.
He was arrested in August 2018 and charged.
Investigating officer Pc Rachel Elwell, of Grays Domestic Abuse Investigations Team, said: “White made threats to harm and rape an innocent woman in attempt to control and harass her.
You may also want to watch:
“His actions caused this woman a huge amount of distress and fear.
“She received dozens of phone calls and voicemails from him.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
“He went to extreme lengths to harass her, including impersonating other people and putting on accents.
“We supported the victim and worked closely with a voice recognition expert who identified the caller as White.
“I would to praise the victim for her support and bravery throughout this case and I hope yesterday’s outcome with White jailed brings her some closure.”