Man hacked with machete during fight in Heath Park Road, Romford
A 28-year-old man was hacked with a machete during a fight yesterday in the second knife attack in Romford in a week.
The man received “severe” cuts to his arm during the fight with another man in Heath Park Road.
Police were called to the scene at 5.40pm after they received reports of two men fighting.
Police closed the road while investigating the crime seen and reopened them by midnight.
The wounded man was taken to an east London hospital and Havering CID is investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
The knife attack follows just five days after a 19-year-old man was charged with attempted murder after another teenager received multiple stab wounds in Nando’s in the Brewery Shopping Centre.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 5 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 Appeal to identify bogus meter reader suspect
- 8 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
Contact Havering CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.