Man hacked with machete during fight in Heath Park Road, Romford
A 28-year-old man was hacked with a machete during a fight yesterday in the second knife attack in Romford in a week.
The man received “severe” cuts to his arm during the fight with another man in Heath Park Road.
Police were called to the scene at 5.40pm after they received reports of two men fighting.
Police closed the road while investigating the crime seen and reopened them by midnight.
The wounded man was taken to an east London hospital and Havering CID is investigating the incident.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
The knife attack follows just five days after a 19-year-old man was charged with attempted murder after another teenager received multiple stab wounds in Nando’s in the Brewery Shopping Centre.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 9 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 10 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
Contact Havering CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.