Man extradited from St Lucia and charged with the murder of Harold Hill teenager
- Credit: Archant
A third man has been charged with the murder of a Harold Hill teenager.
Champion Ganda, 17, was stabbed to death in broad daylight in 2013.
He was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9 of that year.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, was arrested yesterday at Gatwick Airport and will appear before Thames Magistrates Court later today.
He is the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was taken to an east London police station charged with the murder and manslaughter of Champion Ganda and attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old boy.
You may also want to watch:
Champion and his siblings moved to Havering from inner east London in 2010.
The eldest of seven, Champion was “like a dad in the house”, according to his mum Peggy Kato.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase
Ms Kato has made calls since his death for more to be done in the borough to prevent others suffering the same fate.
Two other men charged with the murder in 2013 appeared at a plea and case management hearing back in March.
Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage are both charged with the murder of Champion Ganda, attempted murder and GBH and have been remanded in custody ahead of trial on November 14.