Man dies at home day after being struck by car in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead at home a day after being struck by a car in Brentwood Road, Romford.
Daniel Hancock, 41, was knocked down by the dark-coloured estate at the junction with Park Lane and Albert Road at 7.25pm on October 31.
He was found dead the next day and a post-mortem examination last week gave the cause of death as a head injury. Police are linking his death to the collision.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit want to speak to the driver, who can be seen on CCTV footage helping Daniel to his feet before leaving the scene.
Any witnesses are also being asked to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe the vehicle is an estate and possibly had a round yellow taxi sign in the rear window.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 quoting reference number 5417138/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood