Man dies at home day after being struck by car in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead at home a day after being struck by a car in Brentwood Road, Romford.
Daniel Hancock, 41, was knocked down by the dark-coloured estate at the junction with Park Lane and Albert Road at 7.25pm on October 31.
He was found dead the next day and a post-mortem examination last week gave the cause of death as a head injury. Police are linking his death to the collision.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit want to speak to the driver, who can be seen on CCTV footage helping Daniel to his feet before leaving the scene.
Any witnesses are also being asked to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe the vehicle is an estate and possibly had a round yellow taxi sign in the rear window.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 quoting reference number 5417138/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 3 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 4 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
- 10 Cycle relay through Romford supporting Help for Heroes