Man dies at home day after being struck by car in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead at home a day after being struck by a car in Brentwood Road, Romford.
Daniel Hancock, 41, was knocked down by the dark-coloured estate at the junction with Park Lane and Albert Road at 7.25pm on October 31.
He was found dead the next day and a post-mortem examination last week gave the cause of death as a head injury. Police are linking his death to the collision.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit want to speak to the driver, who can be seen on CCTV footage helping Daniel to his feet before leaving the scene.
Any witnesses are also being asked to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe the vehicle is an estate and possibly had a round yellow taxi sign in the rear window.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 quoting reference number 5417138/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge