Man dies at home day after being struck by car in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man was found dead at home a day after being struck by a car in Brentwood Road, Romford.
Daniel Hancock, 41, was knocked down by the dark-coloured estate at the junction with Park Lane and Albert Road at 7.25pm on October 31.
He was found dead the next day and a post-mortem examination last week gave the cause of death as a head injury. Police are linking his death to the collision.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit want to speak to the driver, who can be seen on CCTV footage helping Daniel to his feet before leaving the scene.
Any witnesses are also being asked to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe the vehicle is an estate and possibly had a round yellow taxi sign in the rear window.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874 quoting reference number 5417138/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 3 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons