One man critical and two others in hospital after horror Hornchurch crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after a head on collision in the early hours of this morning that also left two others in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Upper Rainham Road, Hornchurch at 1am following the two-car crash near the junction with Laburnum Avenue.
Three men had to be cut from one of the cars by fire crews. One is in critical condition and the other two – including the driver – are also in hospital.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A firefighter from Hornchurch said the three men in the same car were thought to be in their 20s.
Nobody else has been arrested and officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
The road is now open after being temporarily closed.