One man critical and two others in hospital after horror Hornchurch crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after a head on collision in the early hours of this morning that also left two others in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Upper Rainham Road, Hornchurch at 1am following the two-car crash near the junction with Laburnum Avenue.
Three men had to be cut from one of the cars by fire crews. One is in critical condition and the other two – including the driver – are also in hospital.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A firefighter from Hornchurch said the three men in the same car were thought to be in their 20s.
Nobody else has been arrested and officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 3 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
The road is now open after being temporarily closed.