One man critical and two others in hospital after horror Hornchurch crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after a head on collision in the early hours of this morning that also left two others in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Upper Rainham Road, Hornchurch at 1am following the two-car crash near the junction with Laburnum Avenue.
Three men had to be cut from one of the cars by fire crews. One is in critical condition and the other two – including the driver – are also in hospital.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
A firefighter from Hornchurch said the three men in the same car were thought to be in their 20s.
Nobody else has been arrested and officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
- 1 Mother's agony after daughter laid dead in Hornchurch flat for six weeks
- 2 Isla Caton 'gains her angel wings' after five-year cancer battle
- 3 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 6 Care home to host monthly breakfast club for blue light responders
- 7 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 8 Havering SEN pupils 'fell further behind than peers' during pandemic
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Complaints about Havering’s children’s services rise year-on-year
The road is now open after being temporarily closed.