One man critical and two others in hospital after horror Hornchurch crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after a head on collision in the early hours of this morning that also left two others in hospital.
Emergency services were called to Upper Rainham Road, Hornchurch at 1am following the two-car crash near the junction with Laburnum Avenue.
Three men had to be cut from one of the cars by fire crews. One is in critical condition and the other two – including the driver – are also in hospital.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
The driver of the other car suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A firefighter from Hornchurch said the three men in the same car were thought to be in their 20s.
Nobody else has been arrested and officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 4 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 5 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 6 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 7 'Traumatised' families mourn horses killed in Upminster stables fire
- 8 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
- 9 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 10 Last chance to make use of free parking in Havering to support local shops
The road is now open after being temporarily closed.