Man collapsed in Harold Hill street after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses have described the horrifying moment they saw a blood-soaked man stumble into a Harold Hill street for help after suffering a stab wound.
Colin Payne, 41, of Kingsbridge Close, was seen “bleeding from the waist” in Kingsbridge Road at 11.30am on Monday.
When police and ambulance services arrived they found him collapsed on the pavement being cared for by two women. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
One resident who saw him in the street from their house said: “He came up the road covered in blood and fell to the floor. He was bleeding from his waist.”
Mr Payne’s condition is now said to be stable and no longer life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
•Jason Da Costa, 44, of Kingsbridge Close, was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm.
He appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where he was further remanded in custody and sent for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 16.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years