Man collapsed in Harold Hill street after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses have described the horrifying moment they saw a blood-soaked man stumble into a Harold Hill street for help after suffering a stab wound.
Colin Payne, 41, of Kingsbridge Close, was seen “bleeding from the waist” in Kingsbridge Road at 11.30am on Monday.
When police and ambulance services arrived they found him collapsed on the pavement being cared for by two women. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
One resident who saw him in the street from their house said: “He came up the road covered in blood and fell to the floor. He was bleeding from his waist.”
Mr Payne’s condition is now said to be stable and no longer life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
•Jason Da Costa, 44, of Kingsbridge Close, was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm.
He appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where he was further remanded in custody and sent for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 16.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 9 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood