Man collapsed in Harold Hill street after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses have described the horrifying moment they saw a blood-soaked man stumble into a Harold Hill street for help after suffering a stab wound.
Colin Payne, 41, of Kingsbridge Close, was seen “bleeding from the waist” in Kingsbridge Road at 11.30am on Monday.
When police and ambulance services arrived they found him collapsed on the pavement being cared for by two women. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
One resident who saw him in the street from their house said: “He came up the road covered in blood and fell to the floor. He was bleeding from his waist.”
Mr Payne’s condition is now said to be stable and no longer life-threatening.
•Jason Da Costa, 44, of Kingsbridge Close, was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm.
He appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where he was further remanded in custody and sent for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 16.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford