Man collapsed in Harold Hill street after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses have described the horrifying moment they saw a blood-soaked man stumble into a Harold Hill street for help after suffering a stab wound.
Colin Payne, 41, of Kingsbridge Close, was seen “bleeding from the waist” in Kingsbridge Road at 11.30am on Monday.
When police and ambulance services arrived they found him collapsed on the pavement being cared for by two women. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
One resident who saw him in the street from their house said: “He came up the road covered in blood and fell to the floor. He was bleeding from his waist.”
Mr Payne’s condition is now said to be stable and no longer life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
•Jason Da Costa, 44, of Kingsbridge Close, was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm.
He appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where he was further remanded in custody and sent for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 16.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 10 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies