Man collapsed in Harold Hill street after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses have described the horrifying moment they saw a blood-soaked man stumble into a Harold Hill street for help after suffering a stab wound.
Colin Payne, 41, of Kingsbridge Close, was seen “bleeding from the waist” in Kingsbridge Road at 11.30am on Monday.
When police and ambulance services arrived they found him collapsed on the pavement being cared for by two women. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
One resident who saw him in the street from their house said: “He came up the road covered in blood and fell to the floor. He was bleeding from his waist.”
Mr Payne’s condition is now said to be stable and no longer life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
•Jason Da Costa, 44, of Kingsbridge Close, was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm.
He appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where he was further remanded in custody and sent for trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court on December 16.
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 5 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?