Man charged with murder of Rosina Coleman, 85, in Romford
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman in Romford, on Tuesday, May 15.
Paul Prause, 65, who lives in Romford, was charged last night, Saturday, May 19.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, Monday, May 21.
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
You may also want to watch:
An 83-year-old friend of Mrs Coleman told the Recorder: “She was a seamstress or a presser.
“She still made all her own clothes, very incredible person she used to do all my own ironing. We were very very good friends.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
“I lost my wife five months ago, she lost her husband about 11 years ago.
“[Rosina’s husband] did various things for a living. He did carpentry, he was always carrying around bits of wood.
“They were a very close couple.”