Man charged with murder of Rosina Coleman, 85, in Romford
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman in Romford, on Tuesday, May 15.
Paul Prause, 65, who lives in Romford, was charged last night, Saturday, May 19.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, Monday, May 21.
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
You may also want to watch:
An 83-year-old friend of Mrs Coleman told the Recorder: “She was a seamstress or a presser.
“She still made all her own clothes, very incredible person she used to do all my own ironing. We were very very good friends.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
“I lost my wife five months ago, she lost her husband about 11 years ago.
“[Rosina’s husband] did various things for a living. He did carpentry, he was always carrying around bits of wood.
“They were a very close couple.”