Man charged with murder of Rosina Coleman, 85, in Romford
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of 85-year-old Rosina (Rose) Coleman in Romford, on Tuesday, May 15.
Paul Prause, 65, who lives in Romford, was charged last night, Saturday, May 19.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, Monday, May 21.
Mrs Coleman, who lived alone, was found dead in her home in Ashmour Gardens. A murder investigation was launched the next day.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
An 83-year-old friend of Mrs Coleman told the Recorder: “She was a seamstress or a presser.
“She still made all her own clothes, very incredible person she used to do all my own ironing. We were very very good friends.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 6 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 7 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 8 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 9 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
“I lost my wife five months ago, she lost her husband about 11 years ago.
“[Rosina’s husband] did various things for a living. He did carpentry, he was always carrying around bits of wood.
“They were a very close couple.”