Man charged with murder of Aiden O’Mahoney at Hornchurch pub
- Credit: lmElUkxm5dd3XBRei4O4dyJ25Znq+W+IkYKxsj8Ogm1y2O9YxqUx5MD0o0GM1JszKftBHdxIgd7czTQkKGjStQ==
A 31-year-old man has been charged with murdering Aiden O’Mahoney at a Hornchurch pub on Sunday.
James Roberts, of Ambleside Avenue, Elm Park, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Wearing a black Nike hoodie, he spoke only to confirm his name and address.
Mr O’Mahoney, known to friends as Oggy, was fatally stabbed at JJ Moon’s Wetherspoons, High Street, on Sunday.
Police were called to the pub at 4.30pm. Mr O’Mahoney, 60, was taken to hospital and pronounced dead at 7.14pm.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Speaking yesterday, Mr O’Mahoney’s family said: “Aiden was a very loved son, brother, partner and grandad. He was a kind and thoughtful man. His passions were Spurs, his family, friends and his dog Lily.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
“Aiden’s family and friends are devastated by his untimely tragic death. We will always remember him and the joy his larger than life presence gave us.”
Mr Roberts was remanded in custody and will next appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.