Man charged with murder after deaths of two teens appears in court
- Credit: Essex Police
A 20-year-old has appeared in court charged with the murder of two 16-year-old boys.
Charlie Preston and Frankie Gater died after an incident in Regency Court at around 1.30am on October 24.
Frankie Watson, who is a labourer, appeared before Basildon Crown Court on December 23 to face charges.
These also include the attempted murder of a third boy, who cannot be named due to reporting restrictions, and with possession of an offensive weapon.
The 20-year-old, of Baker Street, Orsett, was not asked to enter pleas.
He was remanded in custody and his next hearing is due to take place on March 29.
A provisional trial date was set for August 22.
- 1 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 2 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 3 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 4 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 5 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 The Mercury: What do sales of The Liberty and The Brewery mean for Romford's town centre?
- 8 Constable sped at 88mph on residential road without training, panel told
- 9 Appeal: Man left with broken jaw after Romford pub assault
- 10 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
Additional reporting by PA.