Upminster shooting: East Ham man charged with aggravated burglary
- Credit: PA/Tom Pilgrim
Detectives investigating the shooting in Upminster in which an 11-year-old was injured, have charged a man with aggravated burglary and possession of an offensive weapon - a knife.
Christopher Sargent, of Macaulay Road, East Ham, was charged today, Tuesday, May 5. He will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, May 6.
Police were called at 9.30pm on Friday, May 1, to a house in Kerry Drive, Upminster.
An 11-year-old boy had sustained a gunshot injury. He remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition.
A man, in his 40s, had sustained lacerations to his head. The condition of the man has been assessed as not life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Matthew Webb, leading the investigation, said: “Enquiries into the circumstances of what happened continue and we are grateful to the public who have come forward so far. Anyone with any information is asked to contact police or, to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says