Man charged over Hornchurch robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with robbery following a lunchtime attack in Hornchurch town centre on Saturday.
Graham Plant, 39, of no fixed address, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow having been charged earlier today and remanded in custody.
A 38-year-old man was attacked by two men while walking past the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane at 12pm. The attack was captured on the bar’s CCTV camera, obtained by the Recorder. It has now been removed from the site due to legal restrictions.
A have a go hero came to the rescue of the victim, who had his bag stolen.
Having witnessed the attack from his BMW, the unknown man chased down one of the culprits and got the bag back before giving it to the victim and driving off.
You may also want to watch:
One further suspect remains outstanding in connection with this incident. Police continue to appeal for any witnesses who have not yet come forward to contact them by dialling 101 and quoting reference 5401199/15.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 4 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 5 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Romford girl secures Las Vegas trip after winning Teen Miss Diamond UK
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids