Man charged over Hornchurch robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with robbery following a lunchtime attack in Hornchurch town centre on Saturday.
Graham Plant, 39, of no fixed address, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow having been charged earlier today and remanded in custody.
A 38-year-old man was attacked by two men while walking past the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane at 12pm. The attack was captured on the bar’s CCTV camera, obtained by the Recorder. It has now been removed from the site due to legal restrictions.
A have a go hero came to the rescue of the victim, who had his bag stolen.
Having witnessed the attack from his BMW, the unknown man chased down one of the culprits and got the bag back before giving it to the victim and driving off.
You may also want to watch:
One further suspect remains outstanding in connection with this incident. Police continue to appeal for any witnesses who have not yet come forward to contact them by dialling 101 and quoting reference 5401199/15.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 7 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks