Man charged over Hornchurch robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with robbery following a lunchtime attack in Hornchurch town centre on Saturday.
Graham Plant, 39, of no fixed address, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow having been charged earlier today and remanded in custody.
A 38-year-old man was attacked by two men while walking past the Vertigo Lounge in Station Lane at 12pm. The attack was captured on the bar’s CCTV camera, obtained by the Recorder. It has now been removed from the site due to legal restrictions.
A have a go hero came to the rescue of the victim, who had his bag stolen.
Having witnessed the attack from his BMW, the unknown man chased down one of the culprits and got the bag back before giving it to the victim and driving off.
You may also want to watch:
One further suspect remains outstanding in connection with this incident. Police continue to appeal for any witnesses who have not yet come forward to contact them by dialling 101 and quoting reference 5401199/15.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 9 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months