Fourth man charged with murder in Daniel Laskos investigation
- Credit: Met Police
A fourth man has been charged as detectives continue to investigate the fatal stabbing of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood.
Rakeem Green-Matthews, 18, will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (May 19) after being arrested at a Romford address on Monday (May 17).
He has been charged with murder.
Detectives have also arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
This further arrest - which took place yesterday (May 18) - means eight males have now been arrested in connection with the incident which saw 16-year-old Daniel Laskos lose his life.
On May 7, the Met Police were called to Church Road at 6.40pm where officers found Daniel with stab injuries.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene at just after 7pm.
They appeared at the Old Bailey on May 14 where they were remanded in custody to next appear before the same court on July 30.
A further three men who have been arrested have been bailed to return in early June.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 7 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 8 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner