Fourth man charged with murder in Daniel Laskos investigation
- Credit: Met Police
A fourth man has been charged as detectives continue to investigate the fatal stabbing of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood.
Rakeem Green-Matthews, 18, will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (May 19) after being arrested at a Romford address on Monday (May 17).
He has been charged with murder.
Detectives have also arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
This further arrest - which took place yesterday (May 18) - means eight males have now been arrested in connection with the incident which saw 16-year-old Daniel Laskos lose his life.
On May 7, the Met Police were called to Church Road at 6.40pm where officers found Daniel with stab injuries.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene at just after 7pm.
They appeared at the Old Bailey on May 14 where they were remanded in custody to next appear before the same court on July 30.
A further three men who have been arrested have been bailed to return in early June.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 7 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer