Fourth man charged with murder in Daniel Laskos investigation
- Credit: Met Police
A fourth man has been charged as detectives continue to investigate the fatal stabbing of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood.
Rakeem Green-Matthews, 18, will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (May 19) after being arrested at a Romford address on Monday (May 17).
He has been charged with murder.
Detectives have also arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of murder. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
This further arrest - which took place yesterday (May 18) - means eight males have now been arrested in connection with the incident which saw 16-year-old Daniel Laskos lose his life.
On May 7, the Met Police were called to Church Road at 6.40pm where officers found Daniel with stab injuries.
Despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene at just after 7pm.
They appeared at the Old Bailey on May 14 where they were remanded in custody to next appear before the same court on July 30.
A further three men who have been arrested have been bailed to return in early June.
- 1 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 2 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 4 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 5 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 6 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 7 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over