Man attacked with meat cleaver and axe in Hornchurch home
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the chest when a gang stormed his home and attacked him with a meat cleaver and an axe.
The terrifying attack took place at the 33-year-old victim’s home in Cumberland Avenue, Hornchurch on Sunday night between 9.30-11pm.
Detectives are now hoping to trace the suspects, but have no descriptions to go on.
As well as the stab wound, the victim was slashed in the leg. He was taken to hospital and is in stable condition.
Officers are “keeping an open mind” regarding the motive, but believe it was an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquires continue.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call Havering CID on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone