Man attacked with meat cleaver and axe in Hornchurch home
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the chest when a gang stormed his home and attacked him with a meat cleaver and an axe.
The terrifying attack took place at the 33-year-old victim’s home in Cumberland Avenue, Hornchurch on Sunday night between 9.30-11pm.
Detectives are now hoping to trace the suspects, but have no descriptions to go on.
As well as the stab wound, the victim was slashed in the leg. He was taken to hospital and is in stable condition.
Officers are “keeping an open mind” regarding the motive, but believe it was an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquires continue.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call Havering CID on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August