Man attacked with meat cleaver and axe in Hornchurch home
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the chest when a gang stormed his home and attacked him with a meat cleaver and an axe.
The terrifying attack took place at the 33-year-old victim’s home in Cumberland Avenue, Hornchurch on Sunday night between 9.30-11pm.
Detectives are now hoping to trace the suspects, but have no descriptions to go on.
As well as the stab wound, the victim was slashed in the leg. He was taken to hospital and is in stable condition.
Officers are “keeping an open mind” regarding the motive, but believe it was an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and inquires continue.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call Havering CID on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder