Man arrested over Tower Hill murder
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being stabbed in the heart on Saturday evening.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday at a flat in High Street, Brentwood.
The victim was stabbed at about 7pm on Saturday near the junction with Tower Hill and Sir Francis Way. Paramedics tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead just after 8pm.
A post-mortem found the provisional cause of death to be from a stab wound to the heart. The examination also found four other stab wounds on the body.
Next of kin have been informed.
DCI Mark Hall, who is leading the investigation, issued a further appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
He said: “The victim was found with stab injuries close to the town centre on a busy Saturday evening and it is important that I speak with anyone who saw the incident.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 4 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 5 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 6 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 10 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
Most of the police cordons in the area have now been lifted but the alleyway in Tower Hill will remain closed overnight.
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.