Man arrested over Tower Hill murder
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being stabbed in the heart on Saturday evening.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday at a flat in High Street, Brentwood.
The victim was stabbed at about 7pm on Saturday near the junction with Tower Hill and Sir Francis Way. Paramedics tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead just after 8pm.
A post-mortem found the provisional cause of death to be from a stab wound to the heart. The examination also found four other stab wounds on the body.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Mark Hall, who is leading the investigation, issued a further appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
He said: “The victim was found with stab injuries close to the town centre on a busy Saturday evening and it is important that I speak with anyone who saw the incident.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Most of the police cordons in the area have now been lifted but the alleyway in Tower Hill will remain closed overnight.
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.