Man arrested over Tower Hill murder
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being stabbed in the heart on Saturday evening.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday at a flat in High Street, Brentwood.
The victim was stabbed at about 7pm on Saturday near the junction with Tower Hill and Sir Francis Way. Paramedics tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead just after 8pm.
A post-mortem found the provisional cause of death to be from a stab wound to the heart. The examination also found four other stab wounds on the body.
Next of kin have been informed.
DCI Mark Hall, who is leading the investigation, issued a further appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
He said: “The victim was found with stab injuries close to the town centre on a busy Saturday evening and it is important that I speak with anyone who saw the incident.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 4 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 5 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 10 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
Most of the police cordons in the area have now been lifted but the alleyway in Tower Hill will remain closed overnight.
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.