Man arrested over Tower Hill murder
- Credit: Archant
A man died after being stabbed in the heart on Saturday evening.
An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday at a flat in High Street, Brentwood.
The victim was stabbed at about 7pm on Saturday near the junction with Tower Hill and Sir Francis Way. Paramedics tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead just after 8pm.
A post-mortem found the provisional cause of death to be from a stab wound to the heart. The examination also found four other stab wounds on the body.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Mark Hall, who is leading the investigation, issued a further appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
He said: “The victim was found with stab injuries close to the town centre on a busy Saturday evening and it is important that I speak with anyone who saw the incident.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Most of the police cordons in the area have now been lifted but the alleyway in Tower Hill will remain closed overnight.
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.