Man arrested on suspicion of the murder of Rainham man Rodney Parlour
- Credit: Archant
Following an appeal to trace a man in connection with the murder of Rodney Parlour, detectives have arrested a 47-year-old on suspicion of murder.
Mark Croxson was arrested last night and has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes of the Homicide and Major Crime Command said: “Although an arrest has now been made, I am continuing to appeal for anyone with information regarding Rodney’s murder to come forward and speak with us.
“It is important that we build a picture of what happened and any piece of information may prove vital in our investigation.”
Police were called to an address in Hood Road, Rainham, at around 11.30am on Monday, October 2, after a neighbour raised concerns for the occupant.
Officers attending the scene found the body of a 51-year-old man with multiple injuries who was pronounced dead at the scene.
While officers await formal identification, they strongly believe that the deceased is Rodney Parlour.
- 1 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 2 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 5 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer
- 6 MP Julia Lopez announces resignation as minister and calls for PM to 'step aside'
- 7 Man on trial for Brentwood double murder was in 'flight mode', court hears
- 8 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 9 Plans for new Gidea Park fries and chicken takeaway rejected
- 10 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
Next of kin are aware.
A post mortem examination that took place on Wednesday at Queen’s Hospital, Romford, gave cause of death as multiple injuries.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on Monday evening in Hornchurch.
He has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information that may assist police can call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 1570. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.