Man arrested on suspicion of GBH after late night fight in Romford town centre
- Credit: Archant
One man was arrested and another ended up in hospital after a fight broke out in the town centre.
The incident happened in South Street, Romford, at 3am on Saturday morning.
A 20-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, while a 21-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with facial injuries.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 2.58am on Saturday, to reports of an altercation in Atlanta Boulevard.
“Officers were later informed of an injured man in South Street, Romford, and attended the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old has been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-July.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds