Man arrested on suspicion of GBH after late night fight in Romford town centre
- Credit: Archant
One man was arrested and another ended up in hospital after a fight broke out in the town centre.
The incident happened in South Street, Romford, at 3am on Saturday morning.
A 20-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, while a 21-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with facial injuries.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 2.58am on Saturday, to reports of an altercation in Atlanta Boulevard.
“Officers were later informed of an injured man in South Street, Romford, and attended the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old has been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-July.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital