Man arrested on suspicion of GBH after late night fight in Romford town centre
- Credit: Archant
One man was arrested and another ended up in hospital after a fight broke out in the town centre.
The incident happened in South Street, Romford, at 3am on Saturday morning.
A 20-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, while a 21-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with facial injuries.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 2.58am on Saturday, to reports of an altercation in Atlanta Boulevard.
“Officers were later informed of an injured man in South Street, Romford, and attended the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old has been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-July.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens