Man arrested on suspicion of GBH after late night fight in Romford town centre
- Credit: Archant
One man was arrested and another ended up in hospital after a fight broke out in the town centre.
The incident happened in South Street, Romford, at 3am on Saturday morning.
A 20-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm, while a 21-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with facial injuries.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 2.58am on Saturday, to reports of an altercation in Atlanta Boulevard.
“Officers were later informed of an injured man in South Street, Romford, and attended the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old has been bailed pending further enquires to a date in mid-July.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns