Man arrested for ‘drink driving’ after 18-month-old baby hurt in Romford smash
An 18-month-old baby was injured when a van crashed into a lamppost.
The child was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, after the incident outside Kosho nightclub in South Street, Romford, on Tuesday at 1am.
The crash involved a white Peugeot van and the child was believed to be a passenger in the vehicle.
Police arrived at the scene and a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
He has now been bailed until October 9 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A bystander, who asked not to be named, said: “Luckily it didn’t look like anyone was seriously injured.
“There were a lot of people around because people were leaving the club at the time.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
Anyone with information about the incident should call the police on 101.
Havering Police were unable to provide a condition update on the child.