Man arrested for ‘drink driving’ after 18-month-old baby hurt in Romford smash
An 18-month-old baby was injured when a van crashed into a lamppost.
The child was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, after the incident outside Kosho nightclub in South Street, Romford, on Tuesday at 1am.
The crash involved a white Peugeot van and the child was believed to be a passenger in the vehicle.
Police arrived at the scene and a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
He has now been bailed until October 9 pending further enquiries.
A bystander, who asked not to be named, said: “Luckily it didn’t look like anyone was seriously injured.
“There were a lot of people around because people were leaving the club at the time.”
- 1 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 2 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 3 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 4 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 5 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 The Mercury: What do sales of The Liberty and The Brewery mean for Romford's town centre?
- 8 Constable sped at 88mph on residential road without training, panel told
- 9 Appeal: Man left with broken jaw after Romford pub assault
- 10 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
Anyone with information about the incident should call the police on 101.
Havering Police were unable to provide a condition update on the child.