Man arrested for ‘drink driving’ after 18-month-old baby hurt in Romford smash
An 18-month-old baby was injured when a van crashed into a lamppost.
The child was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, after the incident outside Kosho nightclub in South Street, Romford, on Tuesday at 1am.
The crash involved a white Peugeot van and the child was believed to be a passenger in the vehicle.
Police arrived at the scene and a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
He has now been bailed until October 9 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A bystander, who asked not to be named, said: “Luckily it didn’t look like anyone was seriously injured.
“There were a lot of people around because people were leaving the club at the time.”
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 9 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
Anyone with information about the incident should call the police on 101.
Havering Police were unable to provide a condition update on the child.