Man arrested for ‘drink driving’ after 18-month-old baby hurt in Romford smash
An 18-month-old baby was injured when a van crashed into a lamppost.
The child was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, after the incident outside Kosho nightclub in South Street, Romford, on Tuesday at 1am.
The crash involved a white Peugeot van and the child was believed to be a passenger in the vehicle.
Police arrived at the scene and a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
He has now been bailed until October 9 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A bystander, who asked not to be named, said: “Luckily it didn’t look like anyone was seriously injured.
“There were a lot of people around because people were leaving the club at the time.”
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
Anyone with information about the incident should call the police on 101.
Havering Police were unable to provide a condition update on the child.