Man arrested after ‘chemical incident’ in Romford
- Credit: Aaron Hynan
Emergency services are lining the streets in Romford following a “chemical incident”.
Police were called at about 3.50pm to a commercial premises in Davidson Way, Romford, following reports.
Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade are at the scene.
A passer-by said: “The whole area is blocked off because of what’s happened, there are blue lights everywhere.”
A 37-year-old man was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He was then arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and taken to an east London police station.
There were no other reported injuries.
- 1 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 2 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 3 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 4 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 10 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
This is not being treated as a terrorist incident.