Man arrested after allegedly walking more than eight miles along Eurostar line from Ebbsfleet to Rainham
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man has been arrested after allegedy walking more than eight miles along the Eurostar line from Ebbsfleet to Rainham.
Yesterday (Tuesday, May 29) passengers were delayed for hours, and a police helicopter was spotted hovering over Rainham.
British Transport Police (BTP) said that shortly before 5pm officers were called to reports of a man on the tracks at Ebbsfleet International Station.
The man trespassed onto the mainline and HS1 tracks causing both lines to be blocked.
Officers from BTP, Kent Police, Essex Police and the National Police Air Service all attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old man from Tottenham was later arrested on suspicion of arson and obstructing the railway.
He is in police custody as enquiries continue.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
NPAS Boreham Tweeted: “Reports of a male seen on the high speed line from Kent to Essex. Attended scene and located male near to #rainham and officers directed and detained. Great teamwork by all.”