Man allegedly armed with hunting knife in Romford McDonald’s arrested
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly carrying a large hunting knife in a Romford McDonald’s.
On Sunday (April 29) evening at around 8pm police received multiple reports of a man armed with a knife in McDonald’s at The Brewery in Romford.
Officers from Romford town centre responded within minutes, and a man made off from police.
The man reportedly dropped a large hunting knife when he made off.
Police chased after him and he was detained nearby and the knife was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife in a public place.
A Met Police spokesman said that the teenager was taken into custody at an east London police station - where he remains - and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients