Man allegedly armed with hunting knife in Romford McDonald’s arrested
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly carrying a large hunting knife in a Romford McDonald’s.
On Sunday (April 29) evening at around 8pm police received multiple reports of a man armed with a knife in McDonald’s at The Brewery in Romford.
Officers from Romford town centre responded within minutes, and a man made off from police.
The man reportedly dropped a large hunting knife when he made off.
Police chased after him and he was detained nearby and the knife was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife in a public place.
A Met Police spokesman said that the teenager was taken into custody at an east London police station - where he remains - and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?