Man allegedly armed with hunting knife in Romford McDonald’s arrested
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly carrying a large hunting knife in a Romford McDonald’s.
On Sunday (April 29) evening at around 8pm police received multiple reports of a man armed with a knife in McDonald’s at The Brewery in Romford.
Officers from Romford town centre responded within minutes, and a man made off from police.
The man reportedly dropped a large hunting knife when he made off.
Police chased after him and he was detained nearby and the knife was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a knife in a public place.
A Met Police spokesman said that the teenager was taken into custody at an east London police station - where he remains - and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 9 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months