Man accused of taking knife and hammer into Rainham MP Jon Cruddas’ advice surgery
- Credit: Archant
A man who allegedly took a hammer and a knife into Jon Cruddas’ MP advice surgery will go on trial next month.
Darren Lee Samuel, 38, was arrested at Dagenham Civic Centre on Friday, just before 4pm.
He was charged with possession of an offensive weapon (hammer), possession of a bladed article (knife) and possession of a Class B drug and bailed for possession of an offensive weapon (noxious substance).
Mr Samuel, of Bell Farm Avenue, Dagenham, pleaded not guilty to all charges at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today and was remanded in custody until the trial in the same court on January 4.
Mr Cruddas, who is MP for Dagenham and Rainham, thanked police officers for their quick response in a statement.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident that took place on Friday at my advice surgery was very unfortunate but I would like to thank the local police for their prompt response and handling of the situation,” he said.
“Nobody was injured, but I can understand that events may have been unnerving for other residents present, especially those with children. I will be working with the local police to ensure that incidents like this can be avoided in the future.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood