Man accused of taking knife and hammer into Rainham MP Jon Cruddas’ advice surgery
- Credit: Archant
A man who allegedly took a hammer and a knife into Jon Cruddas’ MP advice surgery will go on trial next month.
Darren Lee Samuel, 38, was arrested at Dagenham Civic Centre on Friday, just before 4pm.
He was charged with possession of an offensive weapon (hammer), possession of a bladed article (knife) and possession of a Class B drug and bailed for possession of an offensive weapon (noxious substance).
Mr Samuel, of Bell Farm Avenue, Dagenham, pleaded not guilty to all charges at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today and was remanded in custody until the trial in the same court on January 4.
Mr Cruddas, who is MP for Dagenham and Rainham, thanked police officers for their quick response in a statement.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident that took place on Friday at my advice surgery was very unfortunate but I would like to thank the local police for their prompt response and handling of the situation,” he said.
“Nobody was injured, but I can understand that events may have been unnerving for other residents present, especially those with children. I will be working with the local police to ensure that incidents like this can be avoided in the future.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 3 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons