Man accused of taking knife and hammer into Rainham MP Jon Cruddas’ advice surgery
- Credit: Archant
A man who allegedly took a hammer and a knife into Jon Cruddas’ MP advice surgery will go on trial next month.
Darren Lee Samuel, 38, was arrested at Dagenham Civic Centre on Friday, just before 4pm.
He was charged with possession of an offensive weapon (hammer), possession of a bladed article (knife) and possession of a Class B drug and bailed for possession of an offensive weapon (noxious substance).
Mr Samuel, of Bell Farm Avenue, Dagenham, pleaded not guilty to all charges at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today and was remanded in custody until the trial in the same court on January 4.
Mr Cruddas, who is MP for Dagenham and Rainham, thanked police officers for their quick response in a statement.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident that took place on Friday at my advice surgery was very unfortunate but I would like to thank the local police for their prompt response and handling of the situation,” he said.
“Nobody was injured, but I can understand that events may have been unnerving for other residents present, especially those with children. I will be working with the local police to ensure that incidents like this can be avoided in the future.”
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens