Male arrested after reported threats of acid attack in Hornchurch
- Credit: PA WIRE
A male has been arrested in Hornchurch after a group of three males allegedly threatened to throw acid.
Police said they were called at approximately 2am yesterday (August 27) to the High Street, Hornchurch after a male was threatened to have acid thrown over him.
The group fled the scene and a man was later arrested nearby.
A bottle was later recovered, but at present it is not known what the substance was.
Police say the victim suffered no injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations into the incident continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, ref CAD 480/27.
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus