London riots: second person charged in attack on student
A second person has been charged with robbing an injured Malaysian student in a callous attack that was filmed and put the internet.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of causing grievous bodily harm, robbery, burglary and violent disorder.
It follows the attack on Asyraf Haziq who was robbed on August 8 in Barking by two people who had initially appeared to help him.
Reece Donovan, 21, of Romford, has already been charged with robbery.
The accused teenager was due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court this week.
You may also want to watch:
A portable Sony PlayStation and Nokia mobile phone were taken from the student in the attack that made headlines in Malaysia.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell