London riots: second person charged in attack on student
A second person has been charged with robbing an injured Malaysian student in a callous attack that was filmed and put the internet.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of causing grievous bodily harm, robbery, burglary and violent disorder.
It follows the attack on Asyraf Haziq who was robbed on August 8 in Barking by two people who had initially appeared to help him.
Reece Donovan, 21, of Romford, has already been charged with robbery.
The accused teenager was due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court this week.
You may also want to watch:
A portable Sony PlayStation and Nokia mobile phone were taken from the student in the attack that made headlines in Malaysia.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 9 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back