London riots: second person charged in attack on student
A second person has been charged with robbing an injured Malaysian student in a callous attack that was filmed and put the internet.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of causing grievous bodily harm, robbery, burglary and violent disorder.
It follows the attack on Asyraf Haziq who was robbed on August 8 in Barking by two people who had initially appeared to help him.
Reece Donovan, 21, of Romford, has already been charged with robbery.
The accused teenager was due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court this week.
You may also want to watch:
A portable Sony PlayStation and Nokia mobile phone were taken from the student in the attack that made headlines in Malaysia.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending