Lap dancing prostitution claims lead to search on Romford home
A man has been arrested and a house in Romford searched as part of an investigation into alleged prostitution at a lap dancing club.
Police swooped on Whites Gentleman’s Club in London last Tuesday.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service’s Human Exploitation and Organised Crime Command arrested a 33-year-old man, believed to be the club’s manager, and searched a property in Romford, believed to be his home.
The man, who was arrested on suspicion of controlling prostitution for gain and on various licensing offences, has been bailed until August 16.
The operation was launched after police received intelligence that clients were being offered a variety of sexual services at the club.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Kevin Hyland of the force’s Trafficking and Prostitution Unit said: “Premises that operate in London as gentlemen’s clubs need to be sure that they comply with the strict rules that are required of them.
“The MPS will react to allegations of breaches, particularly where it is alleged that sexual services are being offered.”
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 3 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 4 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
Whites’ clientele includes bankers, lawyers, television hosts and sportsmen. The club has had its licence suspended by Tower Hamlets Council and will have to go before a licensing committee hearing.