Havering knife crime: Number of people attacked with a knife nearly doubles this year according to police figures
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The figures from the Met show how many people have been injured with a knife this year.
Figures from the Met show there has been nearly double the amount of incidents where someone has been injured with a knife in Havering this year, as there were last year.
The statistics are for incidents where a knife has been used to injure - these include incidents such as a stabbing in the street, a robbery where a knife is used to injure, or domestic GBH between partners in a house.
Between January and October there have been 450 incidents across the tri-borough area (Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham) which is 174 more incidents than last year.
In Havering alone, there were 66 incidents over the 10 months, and 120 this year to date.
You may also want to watch:
Last month there were 19 incidents in Havering, which is the most all year.
This included an incident where a man in his 30s was stabbed in the chest in an attack outside his home in Hornchurch, a teenager who was stabbed in an attack in Ongar Way, Rainham and a 16-year-old boy was left with superficial slash wounds after he was attacked by a group of teenagers in Upminster Park.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
The lowest amount of incidents in one month was in August (6).
Other stabbings in the borough included the death of 15-year-old Jordan Douherty in June, who was stabbed outside of the North Romford Community Centre in Collier Row.
In comparison to other areas in the tri-borough Havering is the lowest, there have been 176 incidents in Redbridge and 154 in Barking and Dagenham - both of which have seen more than a 50 per cent increase on the figures from last year (109 and 101).