Killer employee caged for life for murdering Harold Hill’s Evaldas Svolkinas
- Credit: Archant
A former employee of Harold Hill carpenter Evaldas Svolkinas has been jailed for life today after a jury found him guilty of murdering his boss over a cash dispute.
The judge recommended that murderer Andrej Malinovskij, 43, of Pheasant Close, Royal Victoria Dock, should serve a minimum of 25 years in prison before he is considered for release.
Malinovskij abducted Mr Svolkinas, 34, of Dorking Rise, Harold Hill, and battered him eight times round the head, leaving him face down to die in a stream nearby his home.
Malinovskij was lead away in cuffs from the dock at Wood Green Crown Court.
For more, read Friday’s Recorder.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge