Joel Adesina trial: Romford man cleared of Dagenham teenager’s murder
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina yesterday.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
He was acquitted yesterday at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 2 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 3 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 4 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 5 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 6 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 7 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 8 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 9 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 10 Child 'in collision with car' in Rainham