Joel Adesina trial: Romford man cleared of Dagenham teenager’s murder
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina yesterday.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
You may also want to watch:
He was acquitted yesterday at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 5 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace