Jodie Chesney: Boy, 16, charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy is the second person charged with the murder of Jodie Chesney.
He was arrested in London on Friday, March 8 and will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today, Monday, March 11.
A further four arrests have also been made in connection with the investigation.
An 18-year-old man from Romford remains in custody after being arrested on suspicion of murder.
A 50-year-old man and 38-year-old woman, both from Dagenham, and a 17-year-old have all been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
You may also want to watch:
All four were arrested on Sunday, March 10 and remain in custody pending ongoing enquiries.
Jodie, of Dagenham, was found suffering from a stab injury in Amy’s Park, St Neot’s Road, Harold Hill on the evening of Friday, March 1. She was pronounced dead the same evening.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 7 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 8 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Manuel Petrovic, 20, who lives in Highfield Road, Collier Row, was arrested in Leicester on Tuesday, March 6 and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, March 9 after being charged with murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey today.
A murder investigation launched by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) continues.
Anyone with information should call the HMCC Incident Room on 020 8345 3775, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.