Independent Police Complaints Commission appeals for witnesses to early morning Roneo Corner crash
- Credit: Archant
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is appealing for witnesses after a car overturned following a police chase through Rush Green and into Romford.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police were in pursuit of a black BMW in the early hours of Sunday, November 5.
Shortly after 1.30am the BMW failed to stop for police and the pursuit began in Becontree Lane, continuing onto Wood Lane, then onto Rush Green Road.
The pursuit continued along Rush Green Road until Roneo Corner, where the BMW collided with traffic lights and overturned, seriously injuring the driver and one of the passengers.
An independent investigation was launched following a referral from the MPS.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV, data and footage from the police cars will be gathered and analysed as the investigation progresses.
Operations Manager Neil Orbell said: “Our investigation will examine the circumstances prior to the collision and the actions of officers afterwards to determine whether appropriate policies and procedures were followed.
- 1 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 8 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
“Although the pursuit happened in the early hours of Sunday morning, it is in a relatively busy party of Romford and we ask anybody who witnessed this incident, at any point during the pursuit, to contact us.”
Any witnesses who saw the events leading up to the collision, should contact the IPCC on 0800 029 4691 or email Romford.email@example.com.