Independent Police Complaints Commission appeals for witnesses to early morning Roneo Corner crash
- Credit: Archant
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is appealing for witnesses after a car overturned following a police chase through Rush Green and into Romford.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police were in pursuit of a black BMW in the early hours of Sunday, November 5.
Shortly after 1.30am the BMW failed to stop for police and the pursuit began in Becontree Lane, continuing onto Wood Lane, then onto Rush Green Road.
The pursuit continued along Rush Green Road until Roneo Corner, where the BMW collided with traffic lights and overturned, seriously injuring the driver and one of the passengers.
An independent investigation was launched following a referral from the MPS.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV, data and footage from the police cars will be gathered and analysed as the investigation progresses.
Operations Manager Neil Orbell said: “Our investigation will examine the circumstances prior to the collision and the actions of officers afterwards to determine whether appropriate policies and procedures were followed.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
“Although the pursuit happened in the early hours of Sunday morning, it is in a relatively busy party of Romford and we ask anybody who witnessed this incident, at any point during the pursuit, to contact us.”
Any witnesses who saw the events leading up to the collision, should contact the IPCC on 0800 029 4691 or email Romford.firstname.lastname@example.org.