Independent Police Complaints Commission appeals for witnesses to early morning Roneo Corner crash
- Credit: Archant
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is appealing for witnesses after a car overturned following a police chase through Rush Green and into Romford.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police were in pursuit of a black BMW in the early hours of Sunday, November 5.
Shortly after 1.30am the BMW failed to stop for police and the pursuit began in Becontree Lane, continuing onto Wood Lane, then onto Rush Green Road.
The pursuit continued along Rush Green Road until Roneo Corner, where the BMW collided with traffic lights and overturned, seriously injuring the driver and one of the passengers.
An independent investigation was launched following a referral from the MPS.
CCTV, data and footage from the police cars will be gathered and analysed as the investigation progresses.
Operations Manager Neil Orbell said: “Our investigation will examine the circumstances prior to the collision and the actions of officers afterwards to determine whether appropriate policies and procedures were followed.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 5 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
“Although the pursuit happened in the early hours of Sunday morning, it is in a relatively busy party of Romford and we ask anybody who witnessed this incident, at any point during the pursuit, to contact us.”
Any witnesses who saw the events leading up to the collision, should contact the IPCC on 0800 029 4691 or email Romford.email@example.com.