Independent Police Complaints Commission appeals for witnesses to early morning Roneo Corner crash
- Credit: Archant
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is appealing for witnesses after a car overturned following a police chase through Rush Green and into Romford.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police were in pursuit of a black BMW in the early hours of Sunday, November 5.
Shortly after 1.30am the BMW failed to stop for police and the pursuit began in Becontree Lane, continuing onto Wood Lane, then onto Rush Green Road.
The pursuit continued along Rush Green Road until Roneo Corner, where the BMW collided with traffic lights and overturned, seriously injuring the driver and one of the passengers.
An independent investigation was launched following a referral from the MPS.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV, data and footage from the police cars will be gathered and analysed as the investigation progresses.
Operations Manager Neil Orbell said: “Our investigation will examine the circumstances prior to the collision and the actions of officers afterwards to determine whether appropriate policies and procedures were followed.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
“Although the pursuit happened in the early hours of Sunday morning, it is in a relatively busy party of Romford and we ask anybody who witnessed this incident, at any point during the pursuit, to contact us.”
Any witnesses who saw the events leading up to the collision, should contact the IPCC on 0800 029 4691 or email Romford.email@example.com.