Independent Police Complaints Commission appeals for witnesses to early morning Roneo Corner crash
- Credit: Archant
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is appealing for witnesses after a car overturned following a police chase through Rush Green and into Romford.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police were in pursuit of a black BMW in the early hours of Sunday, November 5.
Shortly after 1.30am the BMW failed to stop for police and the pursuit began in Becontree Lane, continuing onto Wood Lane, then onto Rush Green Road.
The pursuit continued along Rush Green Road until Roneo Corner, where the BMW collided with traffic lights and overturned, seriously injuring the driver and one of the passengers.
An independent investigation was launched following a referral from the MPS.
CCTV, data and footage from the police cars will be gathered and analysed as the investigation progresses.
Operations Manager Neil Orbell said: “Our investigation will examine the circumstances prior to the collision and the actions of officers afterwards to determine whether appropriate policies and procedures were followed.
- 1 Romford mother lived in squalor after mental health 'failings', court hears
- 2 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 3 Romford man arrested following multi-vehicle collision on M11
- 4 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 5 'Taste' of Notting Hill Carnival comes to Collier Row
- 6 Repairs confirmed after gas leak reported at Rainham home, not long after south London explosion
- 7 Nursery offering 'hybrid' education approach to open in Romford
- 8 Plans for 28,000sqm of new Rainham industrial units to go before committee
- 9 Ombudsman: Complaint about woman's residential care arrangements among those upheld in Havering in 2021/2022
- 10 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
“Although the pursuit happened in the early hours of Sunday morning, it is in a relatively busy party of Romford and we ask anybody who witnessed this incident, at any point during the pursuit, to contact us.”
Any witnesses who saw the events leading up to the collision, should contact the IPCC on 0800 029 4691 or email Romford.email@example.com.