Sentencing adjourned for Harold Wood policeman who had sex with schoolgirl
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
The sentencing of policeman who admitted having sex with a 14-year-old schoolgirl has moved to Thursday.
Pc John Wigglesworth, 46, of The Ridgeway, Harold Wood, is facing the end of his career after pleading guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and was due for sentencing at Snaresbrook Crown Court today.
Judge David Radford adjourned the proceedings after the prosecution counsel was unable to attend court due to illness.
At Wigglesworth’s trial last month, he was cleared of three counts of rape, and two further counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Wigglesworth, a police officer for 18 years, admitted having consensual sex with the schoolgirl on one occasion at his home in Lynnett Road, Dagenham, in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The policeman, who worked in Tower Hamlets, was arrested at his home in August last year.
The Metropolitan Police are currently conducting their own misconduct investigation.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens