Sentencing adjourned for Harold Wood policeman who had sex with schoolgirl
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
The sentencing of policeman who admitted having sex with a 14-year-old schoolgirl has moved to Thursday.
Pc John Wigglesworth, 46, of The Ridgeway, Harold Wood, is facing the end of his career after pleading guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and was due for sentencing at Snaresbrook Crown Court today.
Judge David Radford adjourned the proceedings after the prosecution counsel was unable to attend court due to illness.
At Wigglesworth’s trial last month, he was cleared of three counts of rape, and two further counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Wigglesworth, a police officer for 18 years, admitted having consensual sex with the schoolgirl on one occasion at his home in Lynnett Road, Dagenham, in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The policeman, who worked in Tower Hamlets, was arrested at his home in August last year.
The Metropolitan Police are currently conducting their own misconduct investigation.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says