Fatally stabbed Dean Pascal-Modeste, 21, studied at Havering College
- Credit: Archant
A young man who was stabbed to death days before his 22nd birthday has been formally identified.
Dean Anthony Pascal-Modeste, a former design student at Havering College in Hornchurch, was pronounced dead at the scene after being attacked in Lewisham on Friday.
Police were called shortly before 3.45pm on Friday to reports of a man believed to be in possession of a firearm in Lambscroft Avenue, Mottingham.
On arrival, paramedics were directed to nearby Charlesfield where they gave Dean emergency first aid but were unable to save him. A post mortem confirmed that the 21-year-old died from multiple stab wounds.
Dean, who lived in Barking, studied art and design at the Ardleigh Green Road campus from 2011-2012.
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman said they would like to extend their “deepest sympathies to Dean’s family at this difficult time”.
Since his death, friends and family have rallied round to raise more than £3,000 towards Dean’s funeral costs.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 9 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together
Dean’s cousin Sam Cawdron, who started the crowdfunder, writes: “Dean loved his family [and was] also happy, always smiling, he was loving, caring and loyal to all the people he loved.
“I’m raising money to help take some of the stress from Dean immediate family, Dean was loved by all who knew him so let’s give him a funeral he deserves.”
Four men aged 19, 18, 16 and 20 were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of murder. They were taken to south London police stations and have since been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the assault, is asked to contact detectives on 020 8721 4812 or on 101.