Housemate of Rush Green lake victim Neill Buchel among three charged with his murder
- Credit: Archant
A housemate of dad-of-two Neill Buchel is among three men who appeared at the Old Bailey on Wednesday charged with his murder.
Scott Hunt, 41, lived at the same address in Braintree Road, Dagenham, as South African Mr Buchel, whose dismembered body was found in a Rush Green nature reserve last month.
On the same day the men appeared in court a fith man was charged over Buchel’s death.
Bradley Andison, 46, of Villa Road, Rochester, Kent, was charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
Chas Quye, 36, of Stansgate Road, Dagenham, and Elvis Kwiatkowski, 35, of Clopton Close, Royston, Hertfordshire, have also been charged with his murder.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the heartache continues for Neill’s family.
Trish Kell, his mother, said she wanted to meet anyone involved in Neill’s death, one-on-one, to seek answers to her own questions.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 9 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
“I want to know what goes on in someone’s head that makes people kill,” she said.
All three men appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and were at the Old Bailey for a bail hearing.
They will appear at Barkingside again on May 20.
A fourth man, Colin Bushaway, 60, of Gregory Crescent, Eltham, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and has also been bailed to appear at Barkingside on May 20.
Neill is survived by estranged wife Sharon and two daughters, Caitlin, 10, and Megan, 16.
The 39-year-old’s body was discovered after a leg was spotted floating in the water at White Hart Lakes, within The Chase Nature Reserve on April 1.