Hornchurch taxi driver arrested after pedestrian dies in fatal Chelmsford collision
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old taxi driver from Hornchurch has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a man in his 70s died in a car crash in Chelmsford on Sunday.
Essex Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses and dash cam footage following the fatal collision in Broomfield Road, near the junction with Jubilee Avenue, at around 2.50am on Sunday, February 9.
Officers were called to reports that a taxi had collided with a pedestrian.
An Essex Police spokesman added: "We attended but despite the best efforts of paramedics the pedestrian, a man in his 70s, sadly died at the scene.
"The driver of the taxi, a 35 year-old man from Hornchurch, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
"We are appealing for anyone who saw anything, has any CCTV or dash cam footage, or any other information to call us on 101 quoting incident 147 of 9 February or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds