Hornchurch taxi driver arrested after pedestrian dies in fatal Chelmsford collision
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old taxi driver from Hornchurch has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a man in his 70s died in a car crash in Chelmsford on Sunday.
Essex Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses and dash cam footage following the fatal collision in Broomfield Road, near the junction with Jubilee Avenue, at around 2.50am on Sunday, February 9.
Officers were called to reports that a taxi had collided with a pedestrian.
An Essex Police spokesman added: "We attended but despite the best efforts of paramedics the pedestrian, a man in his 70s, sadly died at the scene.
"The driver of the taxi, a 35 year-old man from Hornchurch, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
"We are appealing for anyone who saw anything, has any CCTV or dash cam footage, or any other information to call us on 101 quoting incident 147 of 9 February or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage