Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Hornchurch found to be in possession of a number of weapons when stopped by police in Dagenham has been jailed.
At half past midnight on December 18, 2020, officers saw Romaine McKoy parked in a car on the road that leads to Parsloes Park.
The 30-year-old, of Kareena Close, was stopped by officers who were not satisfied with his explanation for being in the area.
This led to a search of his car, during which five offensive weapons were found - namely four knives and one hammer.
He was also found to be in possession of cannabis.
McKoy - arrested for possession of both the offensive weapons and the cannabis - was subsequently charged with four counts of possession of a knife blade/sharp pointed article in a public place.
The 30-year-old was convicted of those four counts at Snaresbrook Crown Court on June 16, having pleaded not guilty to one count.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Wennington: Sale organised in Rainham with proceeds for residents affected by devastating fire
- 8 Hornchurch care home found to have 'made improvements' at CQC check-up
- 9 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 10 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
He was also charged with, and found guilty of, one count of engaging in the business of a postal operator delayed/opened a postal packet/mailbag.
McKoy was sentenced to 10 months' imprisonment and ordered to pay the victim a £156 surcharge.