Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- Credit: Google Maps
A Hornchurch man is to face trial after being accused of whitening a person's teeth without being a registered dentist.
George Navanit Patel, of Suttons Avenue, is accused of conducting a procedure in July last year at the Revive Teeth Whitening facility on 1-3 Western Road, Romford.
It is against the law to do such a procedure without being either a registered dentist or dental care professional, meaning the 62-year-old faces an unlimited fine should he be found guilty.
Mr Patel pleaded not guilty on March 30 this year.
The date for trial was set at a case management hearing at Barking Magistrates' Court on September 17.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Patel is set to be tried at Romford Magistrates' Court on October 5.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority