Four men charged with GBH after Hornchurch man dies after ‘altercation’ at Upminster Top Meadow golf club
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of a man at an Upminster golf club have charged four men with grievous bodily harm.
Police were called to reports of an altercation at the Top Meadow Golf Club in Fen lane on Saturday, December 7 around 10.50pm.
Officers attended the scene and found a man being restrained.
He collapsed a short while later and police administered first aid until the man was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital.
The 37-year-old man from Hornchurch died on Monday, December 9.
You may also want to watch:
He has yet to be formally identified, however his family have been informed.
A post-mortem will take place in due course.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 4 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 5 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 6 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 7 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 8 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 9 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 10 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
Paulo Pinto, 50, of Braxted Road, Rivenhall; Gaetano Schembri, 24, of Buxton Road, Grays; Shkelzen Mataj, 39, of Tomlinson Avenue, Luton and Melchione Schembri, 58, of Highfield Gardens, Grays were arrested at the scene on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH).
They were charged with GBH on Monday, December 9 and are due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates' Court today (Tuesday, December 10).
Detectives from Specialist Crime North (Homicide) are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 8238/07DEC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
Editor's Note: The article originally ran with the headline "Four men charged with GBH after Hornchurch man dies after 'altercation' at Upminster golf club".
We understand some readers took this to mean Upminster Golf Club, which was not our intention.
We apologise for any confusion caused.