Four men charged with GBH after Hornchurch man dies after ‘altercation’ at Upminster Top Meadow golf club
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of a man at an Upminster golf club have charged four men with grievous bodily harm.
Police were called to reports of an altercation at the Top Meadow Golf Club in Fen lane on Saturday, December 7 around 10.50pm.
Officers attended the scene and found a man being restrained.
He collapsed a short while later and police administered first aid until the man was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital.
The 37-year-old man from Hornchurch died on Monday, December 9.
You may also want to watch:
He has yet to be formally identified, however his family have been informed.
A post-mortem will take place in due course.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Paulo Pinto, 50, of Braxted Road, Rivenhall; Gaetano Schembri, 24, of Buxton Road, Grays; Shkelzen Mataj, 39, of Tomlinson Avenue, Luton and Melchione Schembri, 58, of Highfield Gardens, Grays were arrested at the scene on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH).
They were charged with GBH on Monday, December 9 and are due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates' Court today (Tuesday, December 10).
Detectives from Specialist Crime North (Homicide) are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 8238/07DEC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
Editor's Note: The article originally ran with the headline "Four men charged with GBH after Hornchurch man dies after 'altercation' at Upminster golf club".
We understand some readers took this to mean Upminster Golf Club, which was not our intention.
We apologise for any confusion caused.