Four men charged with GBH after Hornchurch man dies after ‘altercation’ at Upminster Top Meadow golf club
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of a man at an Upminster golf club have charged four men with grievous bodily harm.
Police were called to reports of an altercation at the Top Meadow Golf Club in Fen lane on Saturday, December 7 around 10.50pm.
Officers attended the scene and found a man being restrained.
He collapsed a short while later and police administered first aid until the man was taken by the London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital.
The 37-year-old man from Hornchurch died on Monday, December 9.
You may also want to watch:
He has yet to be formally identified, however his family have been informed.
A post-mortem will take place in due course.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
Paulo Pinto, 50, of Braxted Road, Rivenhall; Gaetano Schembri, 24, of Buxton Road, Grays; Shkelzen Mataj, 39, of Tomlinson Avenue, Luton and Melchione Schembri, 58, of Highfield Gardens, Grays were arrested at the scene on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH).
They were charged with GBH on Monday, December 9 and are due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates' Court today (Tuesday, December 10).
Detectives from Specialist Crime North (Homicide) are investigating.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 8238/07DEC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
Editor's Note: The article originally ran with the headline "Four men charged with GBH after Hornchurch man dies after 'altercation' at Upminster golf club".
We understand some readers took this to mean Upminster Golf Club, which was not our intention.
We apologise for any confusion caused.