Hornchurch man arrested after victim stabbed and airlifted to hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Hornchurch has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of a man, last night.
Police received reports shortly before 5.45pm from the ambulance service that a man was seriously injured in Warrior Square, Southend, on Thursday, March 22.
The victim, who was in his twenties, was approached by approximately four men in Gordon Road and stabbed.
He was taken to hospital by air ambulance with potentially life-threatening injuries and remains in hospital in a stable condition.
A 20-year-old man from Hornchurch has been arrested in connection with the incident on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Dave Richards said: “We are considering all avenues of this investigation including the possibility that this may have been a targeted attack.
“We would like to reassure the community that we are doing all we can to find those responsible.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
“Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Dc Andy Coles on 101, quoting incident 816 of March 22.”
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.