Hornchurch man arrested after victim stabbed and airlifted to hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Hornchurch has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of a man, last night.
Police received reports shortly before 5.45pm from the ambulance service that a man was seriously injured in Warrior Square, Southend, on Thursday, March 22.
The victim, who was in his twenties, was approached by approximately four men in Gordon Road and stabbed.
He was taken to hospital by air ambulance with potentially life-threatening injuries and remains in hospital in a stable condition.
A 20-year-old man from Hornchurch has been arrested in connection with the incident on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Dave Richards said: “We are considering all avenues of this investigation including the possibility that this may have been a targeted attack.
“We would like to reassure the community that we are doing all we can to find those responsible.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
“Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Dc Andy Coles on 101, quoting incident 816 of March 22.”
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.