Hornchurch man arrested after victim stabbed and airlifted to hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Hornchurch has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of a man, last night.
Police received reports shortly before 5.45pm from the ambulance service that a man was seriously injured in Warrior Square, Southend, on Thursday, March 22.
The victim, who was in his twenties, was approached by approximately four men in Gordon Road and stabbed.
He was taken to hospital by air ambulance with potentially life-threatening injuries and remains in hospital in a stable condition.
A 20-year-old man from Hornchurch has been arrested in connection with the incident on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Dave Richards said: “We are considering all avenues of this investigation including the possibility that this may have been a targeted attack.
“We would like to reassure the community that we are doing all we can to find those responsible.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
“Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Dc Andy Coles on 101, quoting incident 816 of March 22.”
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.