Hornchurch law firm under investigation over stamp duty claims
A law firm which had offices in Hornchurch has closed due to allegations it failed to hand over customers’ stamp duty to the government.
Reeve Fisher and Sands, which operated in Coronation Drive, is being investigated by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and the Council for Licensed Conveyors (CLC).
The firm also had an office in Brentwood, on Crown Street, and in Billericay, Essex.
A CLC spokesman said: “The CLC intervened in the firm Reeve Fisher and Sands to protect clients. Clients who have already paid their stamp duty land tax will not be required to pay again.
“Any demands for the stamp duty land tax from HMRC should be forwarded to the CLC.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “All current transactions are being taken forward without delay.”
Clients of Reeve Fisher and Sands should contact the CLC with any concerns on 01245 349599.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
HMRC did not respond to a request for a statement.