Hornchurch law firm under investigation over stamp duty claims
A law firm which had offices in Hornchurch has closed due to allegations it failed to hand over customers’ stamp duty to the government.
Reeve Fisher and Sands, which operated in Coronation Drive, is being investigated by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and the Council for Licensed Conveyors (CLC).
The firm also had an office in Brentwood, on Crown Street, and in Billericay, Essex.
A CLC spokesman said: “The CLC intervened in the firm Reeve Fisher and Sands to protect clients. Clients who have already paid their stamp duty land tax will not be required to pay again.
“Any demands for the stamp duty land tax from HMRC should be forwarded to the CLC.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “All current transactions are being taken forward without delay.”
Clients of Reeve Fisher and Sands should contact the CLC with any concerns on 01245 349599.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
HMRC did not respond to a request for a statement.