Hornchurch and Chadwell Heath men jailed for supplying Class A drugs as part of west London gang
- Credit: Archant
Two 24-year-olds from Romford and Chadwell Heath have been jailed for a combined total of five years and three months for their part in running a Class A drugs cartel across west London.
Karwan Majit, of Norman Road, Hornchurch, was sentenced to two years and three months’ imprisonment at Isleworth Crown Court earlier today (April 30) for supplying class A and B drugs.
Hawest Karimpoori, of Railway Street, Chadwell Heath, was sentenced on March 23 at the same court to three years’ imprisonment for supplying Class A and B drugs.
Both pleaded guilty.
The pair were part of a 15-strong gang arrested following a series of raids led by Hounslow Crime Squad as part of a long term crackdown on the supply of drugs, violence and associated crime.
Operation Buxton took place on Wednesday February 21 and Thursday February 22 and resulted in quantities of Class A and B drugs and cash being seize following a series of raids at addresses across Hounslow and Hillingdon.
More than 300 officers were involved in operation, led by Hounslow officers, with additional support provided by officers from the Territorial Support Group, the Met Task Force and surrounding boroughs.
- 1 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 2 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 5 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer
- 6 MP Julia Lopez announces resignation as minister and calls for PM to 'step aside'
- 7 'The smell is foul': Brigade called to more than 70 fires at Rainham site since 2018
- 8 Man on trial for Brentwood double murder was in 'flight mode', court hears
- 9 Plans for new Gidea Park fries and chicken takeaway rejected
- 10 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
Det Ch Insp Helen Flanagan, Hounslow CID, said: “Taking all of these men off the streets is a fantastic result for the local community and London in general.
“They were all linked to the supply of class A and B drugs and by putting them behind bars this will disrupt the supply of drugs into the capital.
“Operation Buxton is indicative of our commitment to keep Hounslow safe, and listen to and act on community concerns.
“We will continue to disrupt and dismantle crime, safeguard our community and locate and prosecute those people who inflict misery on them.
“By targeting drug dealing we can continue to have a positive and long term impact on related crimes such as knife crime, violent and acquisitive crime and on the quality of life of our communities.
“The support of our community is essential to achieve positive change and I would like to thank those in our community for providing that ongoing support to us.
“I hope this result demonstrates that our actions, in conjunction with the Local Authority, show we do act on their concerns.”