Hornchurch and Chadwell Heath men jailed for supplying Class A drugs as part of west London gang
- Credit: Archant
Two 24-year-olds from Romford and Chadwell Heath have been jailed for a combined total of five years and three months for their part in running a Class A drugs cartel across west London.
Karwan Majit, of Norman Road, Hornchurch, was sentenced to two years and three months’ imprisonment at Isleworth Crown Court earlier today (April 30) for supplying class A and B drugs.
Hawest Karimpoori, of Railway Street, Chadwell Heath, was sentenced on March 23 at the same court to three years’ imprisonment for supplying Class A and B drugs.
Both pleaded guilty.
The pair were part of a 15-strong gang arrested following a series of raids led by Hounslow Crime Squad as part of a long term crackdown on the supply of drugs, violence and associated crime.
You may also want to watch:
Operation Buxton took place on Wednesday February 21 and Thursday February 22 and resulted in quantities of Class A and B drugs and cash being seize following a series of raids at addresses across Hounslow and Hillingdon.
More than 300 officers were involved in operation, led by Hounslow officers, with additional support provided by officers from the Territorial Support Group, the Met Task Force and surrounding boroughs.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 5 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 Pictures: Beautiful double rainbow arrives in Havering
Det Ch Insp Helen Flanagan, Hounslow CID, said: “Taking all of these men off the streets is a fantastic result for the local community and London in general.
“They were all linked to the supply of class A and B drugs and by putting them behind bars this will disrupt the supply of drugs into the capital.
“Operation Buxton is indicative of our commitment to keep Hounslow safe, and listen to and act on community concerns.
“We will continue to disrupt and dismantle crime, safeguard our community and locate and prosecute those people who inflict misery on them.
“By targeting drug dealing we can continue to have a positive and long term impact on related crimes such as knife crime, violent and acquisitive crime and on the quality of life of our communities.
“The support of our community is essential to achieve positive change and I would like to thank those in our community for providing that ongoing support to us.
“I hope this result demonstrates that our actions, in conjunction with the Local Authority, show we do act on their concerns.”