Homeless man wanted on suspicion of murder in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for help from the public to trace a man wanted on suspicion of murder after a body was found at a flat in Rainham on Monday.
Mark Croxson, 47, of no fixed address, is wanted in connection with the death of Rodney Parlour, whose body was found at his home in Hood Road.
Mr Croxson is known to sleep rough in parks around Rainham.
He should not be approached by members of the public.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mr Croxson should dial 999 as a matter of urgency.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I am appealing directly to members of the public as a matter of urgency to help us in locating Mark Croxson in connection with this murder investigation. I believe he is very likely to be in the Rainham area.”
Police were called to Hood Road at around 11.30am on Monday, October 2, after a neighbour raised concerns for the occupant.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Officers attended and found the body of a 51 year-old man. He was pronounced dead at the scene and tonight (Thursday, October 5) police revealed they believe he is Rodney Parlour.
Next of kin are aware.
A post-mortem examination conducted on Wednesday, October 4, at Queen’s Hospital, Romford gave cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Holmes added: “I am appealing for anyone who has information about the murder to come forward and speak with police.
“I also want to her from any witnesses who may have seen anything suspicious over the weekend of September 30 and October 1 in the vicinity of Hood Road. What may seem like a small detail could be crucial to this murder investigation.”
A 46-year-old man was arrested on the evening of Monday, October 2, in Hornchurch. He has been released on bail pending further inquiries.
Anyone with information that may assist police can call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 1570. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.