Homeless man wanted on suspicion of murder in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for help from the public to trace a man wanted on suspicion of murder after a body was found at a flat in Rainham on Monday.
Mark Croxson, 47, of no fixed address, is wanted in connection with the death of Rodney Parlour, whose body was found at his home in Hood Road.
Mr Croxson is known to sleep rough in parks around Rainham.
He should not be approached by members of the public.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mr Croxson should dial 999 as a matter of urgency.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I am appealing directly to members of the public as a matter of urgency to help us in locating Mark Croxson in connection with this murder investigation. I believe he is very likely to be in the Rainham area.”
Police were called to Hood Road at around 11.30am on Monday, October 2, after a neighbour raised concerns for the occupant.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 3 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
Officers attended and found the body of a 51 year-old man. He was pronounced dead at the scene and tonight (Thursday, October 5) police revealed they believe he is Rodney Parlour.
Next of kin are aware.
A post-mortem examination conducted on Wednesday, October 4, at Queen’s Hospital, Romford gave cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Holmes added: “I am appealing for anyone who has information about the murder to come forward and speak with police.
“I also want to her from any witnesses who may have seen anything suspicious over the weekend of September 30 and October 1 in the vicinity of Hood Road. What may seem like a small detail could be crucial to this murder investigation.”
A 46-year-old man was arrested on the evening of Monday, October 2, in Hornchurch. He has been released on bail pending further inquiries.
Anyone with information that may assist police can call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 1570. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.